Minchin Consulting respects each individual’s right to personal privacy. This website privacy statement explains the policy for dealing with personal information that is collected through the website and what happens to the information you provide. By accessing or using this website you acknowledge and agree to be bound by this privacy notice.
The Personal Information we collect will depend on the nature of your interaction with us
and will only ever be essential information to deliver services. Personal information we may collect includes:
- information collected when you register, which may include personal information such as your name and contact details;
- the content of electronic forms you submit via the website or requesting us to provide services or information, or take action; and
- any messages or comments you submit to us via the website – for instance via an email.
- name, gender, date and place of birth
- residential history
- driver’s license, firearm license, passport
- contact information
- information relating to the checking purpose for employment
- information or opinion relating to current or previous check applications
Children under the age of 18 who wish to engage with my services must have their parents (or legal guardians) consent to do so.
At Minchin Consulting we are committed to protecting the privacy of your information. We take reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse, loss, interference and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We ensure this by having security measures including:
- Individual password access to systems and databases
- Anti-virus and security protection on all computers
We will also take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your information if it is no longer required for any purpose unless it is contained in a Commonwealth record or required by law or contractual requirement.
Use and Disclosure of Information
We will use our best efforts to ensure your information remains private and is used only for the purposes you agree to. Minchin Consulting will not reveal, disclose, sell, distribute, rent, licence, share or pass your information to a third party, other than those that we have a binding agreement with ensuring that the third party affords your information similar levels of protection as we do.
The Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) is an Australian law which regulates the management, storing, access and correction of personal information about individuals. The Privacy Act includes thirteen Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) that businesses covered by the Privacy Act will need to comply with. We have adopted the APPs contained in the Privacy Act which governs the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
In order to provide you with recruitment and associated employment services, we may need to disclose your information to third parties such as:
- Potential and actual employers in conjunction with verification processes
- Other members of Minchin Consulting
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your information
- Trusted third parties for the use of verifying your identification, right to work, qualifications and police check
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
- Prospective employers in the course of seeking to refer you for suitable employment opportunities
Your Information may be used in connection with:
- Your actual or possible work placement
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information
Further, we may use and disclose your information to provide you with recruitment and associated employment services specific to you at point of collection or for another purpose if:
- You would reasonably expect us to disclose it for that purpose;
- That purpose is directly related to the purpose specified to you at the time of collection.
- Minchin Consulting reasonably believes the use is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious threat to an individual’s life, health or safety or to public health or safety and it is unreasonable or impractical to obtain your consent;
- Minchin Consulting has reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, or is being engaged in, and uses the information as part of its investigation, or in reporting its concerns to the relevant authority;
- The use and disclosure is specifically authorised by law; or
- Any other exceptions provided in the Privacy Act 1988.
Minchin Consulting does not disclose your information to unrelated third parties for the purposes of direct marketing unrelated products or services.
Access to Information
Every effort is made to protect the security and integrity of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. So while we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If you have any questions or feedback about privacy or wish to make a complaint about the way in which we have handled your personal information, please contact us via email@example.com.